Jaquet EX58AM40 - VRS Sensor for use in Explosive Atmospheres w/5/8-18 UNF-2A 4.0" Thread
The Jaquet EX58AM40 series Variable Reluctance Speed (VRS) sensors consist of an iron core, an inductive coil and a permanent magnet. A ferrous pole wheel passing the sensor face changes the magnetic field strength, resulting in an AC Voltage being induced in the coil. The frequency of the output signal is proportional to the speed of the moving target. The amplitude of the signal depends on speed, air gap, geometry of the target, magnetic properties of the target material and the electrical load. VRS sensors, also known as passive or electromagnetic sensors, do not require an external supply.
The EX58AM40 is specifically designed for use in explosive atmospheres.
- Signal Output: the signal frequency is proportional to the target speed
- Thread Length: 4.0" 5/8"-18 UNF-2A thread
- 0-20 kHz Frequency Range
- Housing: 5/8"-18 UNF-2A, tightening torque: max. 35 Nm
- Connection: Connector mates with straight plug MS3106A-10SL-4S, 2-pins
- Coil Inductance: 170 mH +/-10% at 1 kHz
- Coil Resistance: 850 Ohm +/-10%
- Coil Magnet Polarity: North pole towards front face
- Operating Temperature: -104-257°F (-40-125°C)
- Protection: IP68 (Sensor) / IP67 (Cable)
- Insulation: housing and electronics galvanically isolated (Test: 500V, 50 Hz for 1 minute)
- VRS Sensors
|Length||4.0" Thread Length|
|Output||Proportional to Target Speed|
Please Note: We are currently experiencing delivery issues with this manufacturer. Contact us at 1-800-446-4035 for details and to order over the phone.