Shimpo Instruments ST-5000 Dual 2-in-1 Stroboscope & Tachometer
The Shimpo Instruments ST-5000 combination stroboscope/tachometer portable velocity analyzing and measuring device is ideal for machinery process inspection. The 2 in 1 unit eliminates the need to purchase and carry around two separate test instruments, plus streamlines time to analyze process machinery.
The LED stroboscope functionality of the ST-5000 is capable of flashing its light in a synchronous frequency to the operating machinery, creating the illusion of viewing slowed or frozen images. Utilizing this phenomenon of slowing or stopping the motion with the adjusted flash rate of the ST-5000’s LED lights, machine parts and processes may be inspected for defects, aiding in preventative maintenance programs. The added adjustable flash duration feature enables a clearer stopped image and is ideal for monitoring repetitive processes such as on high-speed printing lines.
With the Laser Tachometer portion of the ST-5000, users can determine exact process speeds up to a distance of 5 feet, providing adequate safety for the operator. The tachometer mode provides the process speed as well as the maximum and minimum levels recorded. A graphing mode is selectable showing a plotted view of the process speed.
Typical applications for using the ST-5000 is to determine speeds or inspect rotors, meshing gears, vibration diagnostic equipment, textile equipment, printing production lines, power tools, speaker acoustical analysis, fan balancing and many more.
- Combination Stroboscope & Tachometer eliminates need for two separate products
- Quick mode selection provides instant back and forth operation between tachometer and stroboscope
- Multiplication selection of flash rate with scroll dial accelerates ability to get to the process speed desired
- Process speed detected by its tachometer can be taken instantly over to stroboscope flash rate, providing the exact rate to freeze the process without having to guess and dial in a speed manually
- Rotation mode takes the stopped image rate and automatically calculates a slow motion of the process for additional analysis possibly not seen with the frozen view. Great for checking motor direction
- Tachometer mode shows live process, maximum & minimum recorded values
- Tachometer graphing mode aids in visualizing the process speed changes
- Large backlit display, light-weight, and easy- grip handle enables use in a multitude of test environments and applications
- Adjustable flash duration aids process clarity, often necessary in printing applications
- Low power draw LED’s along with rechargeable batteries provides additional testing operation time
|Features||Built-In Tachometer, LED Strobe|
|Measurement||99, 999 FPM|