Laurel Electronics L40 Universal Input Digital Panel Meter - ACA/ACV, DCA/DCV, Process, Temp/RTD, Res
The Laurel Electronics L40 is a low-cost, universal meter for 65 user-selectable analog input signal types and ranges. These include DC voltage and current, AC RMS voltage and current, process signals (4-20 mA, 0-10V), thermocouple (10 types, °C or °F), RTD (6 types, °C or °F), thermistors (NTC or PTC), resistance (0-5k or 0-50k ohms), and potentiometer inputs. The same meter handles all of these signal types with no need for a plug-in signal conditioner board. The meter's universal power supply accepts voltages from 18 to 265V, AC or DC, so that power can be 24 DCV or AC power in any country. The meter conforms to the popular 1/8 DIN size standard and features four 0.56" (14.2 mm) high red LED digits. The display is user scalable for input types other than temperature.
The base L40, as shipped by Laurel, is set up so that a 400 Vac input reads 400. To change to another signal type or range, pry off the meter faceplate, push out the electronics, and place jumpers as illustrated in the manual. The jumper positions are well labeled, and the jumpers have a large, easy-to-grasp handle. Also make software selections using front panel keys. If you want Laurel or your distributor to set jumpers and do the front panel programming for you, order the FS option.
Extensive software features add flexibility to this low cost meter. Programmable features include five levels of display brightness, min and max capture, dual scaling selectable by an external control input, a deadband around 0 for AC measurements, a moving average digital filter, a "count by" function, hysteresis for alarm operation, a user-configurable fast access menu, and selectable password protection. Further flexibility is provided by 1 or 2 optional output boards, which can be added at any time.
- Universal power: 18-265 ACV/DCV
- 1/8 DIN case with 3 front panel keys
- Display: 4 red LED digits, 0.56" (14.2 mm)
- Typical accuracy: 0.2% of full scale
- Removable screw-clamp connectors
- External control input
- 1 or 2 optional mechanical relays, 8A, 250ACV
- Optional Isolated analog output
- Optional RS485 Modbus RTU data output
- 65 User-selectable ranges:
- AC RMS voltage: 60.0 mV, 200.0 mV, 2.000V, 20.00V, 200.0V, 400V
- AC RMS current: 20.00 mA, 5.00A AC
- DC voltage: ±60.0 mV, ±200.0 mV, ±2.000V, ±20.00V, ±200.0V, ±400V
- DC current: ±20.00 mA, ±5.00A
- Process: 4-20 mA, 0-10V with 15V, 30 mA excitation output
- Thermocouple types: K, J, E, N, L, C, R, S, B, T
- RTD types: Pt100, Pt500, Pt1000, Ni100, Ni200, Ni1000
- Thermistor types: NTC, PTC
- Resistance: 0-5.000 kΩ, 0-50.00 kΩ
- Potentiometer input: 500Ω to 20 kΩ
|Input||AC Current, AC Voltage, DC Current, DC Voltage, Process, Resistance, RTD, Temperature|
|Type||Digital Panel Meters|
|Additional Skus||L40, L40A1, L40M1, L40S1, L40A2, L40A1A2, L40M1A2, L40S1A2|
*Pricing & appearance may vary based on configuration!* Please configure product above.
Please note: Many of our Panel Meters require modification before shipping. In these cases, delivery may be 3-5 days.