Phares MGS0303-04 Mini Geartooth Sensor w/5/8-18 3.0" Thread, 5-24VDC w/Sinking NPN Square Wave Output
The Phares MGS0303 Geartooth Sensors are peak-detecting devices which utilize special circuitry to provide extremely accurate gear edge detection down to low operating speeds. These sensors are compatible for use with a wide variety of gear shapes and sizes.
The technology used is Hall-effect based and incorporates a dual-element Hall IC that switches in response to differential magnetic signals created by ferromagnetic targets. As a result, the MGS0303 sensors can detect high ferrous (iron) targets such as geartooth wheels, bolt heads, key stock, etc. They also detect magnetic targets. The omnipolar operation allows activation with either a north or a south polarity field of sufficient strength.
The MGS0303 sensors switch between logic low ("0") and logic high ("1") when sensing a target of sufficient strength, and are ideal for use in systems that gather speed and timing information using gear-tooth-based configurations. These sensors are particularly suited to applications which require extremely accurate duty cycle control or accurate edge-detection.
- MGS0303-04 = Sinking NPN Square Wave Output w/4 ft wire length
- Output Signal: Square Wave
- Senses ferrous and magnetic targets
- Operating voltage range: 5-24 VDC
- Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F
- Index marked by flat side of sensor
- Dimensions (in inches): 3” Long, 5/8” Diameter, 5/8”-18 UNF Threads
- Delrin sensor housing for corrosive environments
|Length||3.0" Thread Length|
|Output||Square Wave Signal|
|Type||Digital Magnetic & Hall Effect Sensors|
|Additional Skus||MGS0303, MGS0303-4, MGS030304, MGS03034|