Red Lion Controls 6HBWDOG1 Watchdog Networking Relay
The Red Lion Controls Watchdog Relay is the industry’s only rugged hardware-based solution that reliably monitors and provides fail-safe shutdown of processes controlled by RTUs, PLCs and other automation devices. This industrial automation solution helps to proactively protect unmanned processes on a 24/7 basis across industries that include oil and gas, maritime, power and energy.
The Watchdog Relay monitors the pulsing output heartbeat of a connected device to add an extra level of safety that helps protect critical processes across industrial environments that include oil, gas, maritime, power and energy. If the heartbeat stops for reasons that may include power surges, extreme weather or device malfunctions, Watchdog’s built-in Form C relay will immediately energize and provide a signal that can be used to safely shut down the process. The signal sent upon loss of control helps to avoid costly damage to materials and equipment. Built to operate in extreme conditions, Watchdog Relay supports temperatures ranging from -40 degrees to 80 degrees Celsius, as well as 5 to 85 percent humidity. It carries Class I, Div II and ATEX hazardous locations certifications, and has been marine and offshore tested and/or verified to meet standards such as ABS, DNV No. 2.4 and Lloyds.
- Rugged Hardware-Based Solution
- Relaible, Rugged Design
- Marine and offshore tested and/or verified to meet standards such as ABS, DNV No. 2.4 and Lloyds
- Fail-Safe Shutdown
- Monitors heartbeats from RTUs, PLCs and controllers
- Automatically powers down systems when malfunction occurs
- Adds a level of safety to the network
- Heartbeat Monitoring
- Hazardous Location Certifications: Class 1, Div II and ATEX Certifications
- Extreme Operating Temperatures: -40 to 176°F (-40 to 80°C)
- Oil & Gas
- Power & Energy
|Manufacturer||Red Lion Controls|