Simpson Electric 12505 Model 505 High-Voltage Insulation Tester
Measures Insulation Resistances up to 1 T Ohm
Simpson's Model 505 High Voltage Insulation Tester is capable of measuring insulation resistances from 10 kilohms to 1 teraohm with eight selectable test voltages up to 5000 V. As a safety feature, the insulation tester acts as an AC/DC voltmeter to measure the absence of voltage in networks up to 2000 V.
For added safety, the cables are permanently attached, preventing possible injury that could occur by the accidental removal of the cables. The Model 505 features automatic discharging capability of capacitive units under test and a lock-in test switch, for hands free operation. An optional guard terminal is available to minimize surface leakage errors. There are two LEDs to indicate the selected measuring range, and one LED signifying valid measurements and battery charge status. Each tester comes in a padded carrying case with permanently connected cables and test probes, 2 alligator clips and a plug-in battery module with batteries.
- Eight Test Voltages: 100, 250, 500, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, and 5000 VDC
- High Sensitivity, Direct Resistance Reading to 1T Ohm (1,000,000 M Ohms), no Multipliers
- Voltage Measurement to 2000 V AC/DC
- Automatic Discharge of Capacitive Devices Under Test by Measuring Instrument
- Battery Powered, with Battery Test and Battery Charge Indicator
- 2 LED Lamps Indicate Desired Measurement Scale
- Optional Guard Cable Minimizes Surface Leakage Errors
- Rugged Tester Design for Industrial Applications with Padded Carrying Case for Extra Protection
|Type||Insulation Resistance Testers|
|Additional Skus||12505, 505|