Ram Meter Inc. August 2019 Newsletter
Ram Meter Inc. - August 2019 Newsletter
August 7th, 2019:
We have just released our August 2019 Newsletter. Read on to see what we have in store this month. Or checkout the full version online HERE!
Fun Facts About the Month of August
Much like July, the month of August was named after a Roman Emperor, Augustus Caesar. And originally, the month of August had 30 days. However, it was later changed to 31 to match that of his great uncle Julius. Holidays celebrated in August include National Ice Cream Sandwich Day, National Watermelon Day, U.S. Coast Guard Day and National Work Like a Dog Day. That last one must have something to do with the dog days of summer! And while we're making our way through the dog days of summer, here at Ram Meter Inc. we thought we'd take a moment to focus on the HONEYWELL product line.
The 3030 Series VRS Sensors
The Honeywell 3030 Series is a high output VRS (Variable Reluctance Speed) sensor used for speed sensing applications where higher output voltages are needed. This series is best suited for low to medium speeds with medium to high impedance loads.
The 3030 series meets Mil-Std 202F Method 204D vibration standards, is made with a 5/8-18 UNF-2A mounting thread and comes in thread lengths from 1.1" up to 5", depending on the model.
- Output Voltage: 190V P-P min.
- Thread Length: 1.4 inches (35 mm)
- Coil Resistance: 910-1200 Ohms
- Min. Surface Speed: 10 IPS (.25 m/Sec) Typical
- Gear Pitch Range: 24 DP or Coarser
- Operating Temperature: -67-250°F (-55-120°C)
- Meets Mil-Std 202F Method 204D Vibration Standards
Be sure to check out the Honeywell 3030 Series on our website TODAY for all of your speed sensing applications!
Digital Magnetic Speed Sensors
Honeywell's series of Digital Magnetic Speed Sensors combine active electronics with features of Variable Reluctance Sensors in a single package. These sensors produce constant amplitude output signals suitable for direct use in many digital and logic control applications. Because the digital signal conditioning is done internally, interface circuitry is no longer required. This circuit changes the waveform generated by the sensor coil into a digital square-wave output.
- Senses moving ferrous metal
- Output signal of integrated circuit allows for direct use in digital equipment. Minimizes the need for interface circuitry, reducing installation and maintenance cost
- Enhanced stability due to precisely-matched components
- Excellent resistance to water, oil, shock and vibration damage extend product life and operating reliability
- Wide variety of supply voltages allow application flexibility
- Pre-leaded or connector versions allow application flexibility
- Standard thread sizes improve compatibility and interchangeability with other standard types of speed sensors
If a Digital Magnetic Speed Sensor is what you need, check out our selection TODAY!
Micro Switch™ & Other Basic Switches
The Honeywell Micro Switch™ series features wide operating characteristics and enhanced life. These premium, large snap-action switches offer precision operation and sensitive differential travel. The Micro Switch™ series are often used for precision on/off applications as well as end of limit, presence/absence and manual operator interface functions. The engineering design for this series meets most application needs. The configuration options gives a broader range of operating and interface characteristics. Using state-of-the-art manufacturing processes and quality controls, Honeywell has engineered premium, large snap-action switches that meet all international agency requirements and some even have military qualifications.
- Accepted world-wide with international agency approvals
- Various operating force and differential travel options
- Momentary or Maintained contact action
- Watertight IP64 option
- Enhanced mechanical life up to 20,000,000 cycles
- Elongated mounted hole for easier, more accurate mounting
- Current rating ranges from 15A to 25A
- Choice of actuation, termination and operating characteristics
- Precision operation - sensitive differential travel from 0.005 mm to 0.008 mm
- Internal flat spring design for improved performance and contact wiping ability
Whatever the application, we're sure to have a Honeywell Basic Switch to suit your needs!
Toggle Switches are designed to accommodate a wide range of electrical and display designs and are available in many shapes, sizes and configurations to enhance manual operation with a flexible interface. Honeywell MICRO SWITCH™ toggle switches meet the need for a rugged, cost-effective toggle switch. Quality construction features include a seal between the toggle lever and bushing, and between the cover and case. These switches can be used where panels are subject to splashes, hosedowns, or outdoor environments. The "Easy-Start" threaded bushing enables quick alignment of mounting nut to decrease the chance of cross threading. The panel stand-off with O-ring feature available on some listings, eliminates the need for behind-the-panel hardware, provides uniform panel height, and provides a panel to cover seal.
- Completely sealed switching chamber
- NEMA 3, 3R, 4, and 13
- UL recognized, File E12252, Vol. 1, Section 44
- CSA certified, File LR4442
- CE approved
- Aerial lifts, scissor lifts, truck mounted tele-handlers, and cranes
- Construction equipment
- Agriculture equipment
- Material-handling equipment
- Factory-floor control units
- Machine tool equipment manufacturers
Here at Ram Meter Inc. we offer a complete selection of Honeywell Toggle Switches to handle virtually any application!